Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 23: Monday



First, Liz was here and it was lovely.

Next: Today's Top 5 Frightening Things:

1. "People of all ages and demographics are living their lives on social networks. And the more they do that, the more they want to experience it wherever they are." - Bobbi Henson, Verizon rep. regarding Facebook and Twitter...COMING TO A TV SCREEN NEAR YOU!

2. New manners for a new age: "Many teenagers draw no distinction between socializing in person or by cell, and they see no reason to favor one over the other." Mimi Ito, anthropologist and media researcher, in a Wired article

3. The fact that I'd forgotten about the attacks in Mumbai back from November (26th). NPR.org.

4. Use of the English language: ILI = Influenza-like illness. So descriptive and informative. And everyone nods, "Yes, I know, right? Thank God for science!"

5. Miss Authentica - a pageant to combat the practice of skin-bleaching in Africa, particularly in the Ivory Coast. Toxic ingredients include hydroquinone. Note: Miss Authentica isn't frightening. The bleaching is.

THIRD! I apologize if have not called or written you back. Cast your bets for Sunday. I might contact you then.

Fourth. Today was a wee bit intense. Tomorrow you'll know why. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment