(This is how I currently feel about my hair, in case you were wondering. MOOSE! Side question: why do our [women's] moods so much depend on what our hair and skin is doing? Why doesn't it depend on...I don't know...our fingernails or our elbows?)
a. I think my right tear duct is confused and I want to blame the onions I chopped up last night. My eye has been watering all day. I look like despair, but as a Janus mask--so while one half of my face cries the other is mocking its pain, left eye bright and dry.
b. It's been almost impossible to wake up in the mornings--post printing press installation fatigue? Mono? Am I dying? I will get to the bottom of this, and hopefully long before I develop a serious coffee-dependency. The positive side of this is that I've been sleeping all through the night again which hasn't happened for a while.
The negative side of this is that the reason I'm sleeping so deeply is because I took one of the mattresses off my bed when Sara came over (this was the whole purpose of having two mattresses: house guests would have a place to sleep, seeing as I don't have a couch. However, it made my bed so tall and weird and wobbly and my blankets tended to slide off in the middle of the night and I woke up at all hours).
So, yes, I took off one of the mattresses and it's now leaning against my other-room wall. I come home and wonder if I'm expecting armed gunmen. You know, Godfather. But I don't want to put it back because then I won't sleep well. There's nowhere else to store it though except on the bed. Curses.
c. Questions about the purpose of our existence continue to bother me.
(As you can see, my life is very tragic right now.)
d. I've been playing this song on my guitar a lot:
e. I went for a walk this evening and scared the glory out of at least three teenage couples whose vapid giggling made me want to never ever have teenagers. Instead I just denied them cigarettes when they asked if I had any. That made me feel good. See if there's ever a "White female furnshing cigarettes to juveniles. Officer advised this is illegal activity" written up about me.
Can you put the mattress under the bed??? I spent a couple hours at your house tonight..but only had Sophie for company...I missed your mom. Sophie didn't like me when I reminded her that repeatedly licking the same spot is a social faux pas.
ReplyDeletemrs p
have you ever thought that perhaps our skin and hair depend on our moods...? But our moods lie and tell us that fault stems from the physical?
ReplyDeleteGet some rest, dear!
Ps. i love you
PPs. i still haven't written a letter back to you, but if it makes you feel any better, i haven't paid our rent yet either. :)