Tuesday, March 16, 2010

#116



I've been listening to this song non-stop. Took a gander and a glance at their other stuff. Mehhhhh. But this song. Oh this song.

---

Here is Monday morning, in miniature and minus all the times I wanted to stab myself in the eye with the corner of my stenographer's notebook:

1. Don't you just want to take them home to meet your mother AND your father? Click on the first link: "Two arrested on drug charges"

2. It's a cover blitz! Somehow I was assigned to do three cover stories in a row. This is the first one.

Then, around 10 a.m., I went off to the municipal court, guy didn't show up, so I left to make it back in time for the newsroom. Not 10 minutes after the meeting ends, phone call from muni court. Guy showed up ridiculously late and they clapped him in irons and took him away in the paddy wagon, boyo. So I call around the court, getting details and then call down to the jail to confirm.

"Oh yeah, yep, he's here," says the deputy, "oh wait...there he goes."

He'd posted his required 10% of bail.

Which brings us to this morning:

1. Gonzales. This brief is mine, but the full story is Deeda's. It's a harrowing little tale. READ IT. There are two news stories: "The tale spreads through four Oregon counties" and "Meet a DUII poster boy"

2. Cover 2 of 3. Up with women!

(which makes me think of...umm...this is a total sidetrack...which makes me think of:



Well that was fun.

I had another story today too, but I don't remember what it was. I'll take a wild stab and say county elections.

---

My current feelings: ill-ish (not actually sick just low), sleep-deprived, overwhelmed.

I dashed off my last cover for this week about an hour ago. Now I have to scramble another one together for Monday and figure out how behind I am on everything else. Not too bad, I think, but one can never be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment