
So it's been about half a week. Let me summarize: work, sleep, work, sleep, freezer not working?!, work, sleep, attempts at meetings end in failure with a promise for next week, head out to Portland for the weekend.
Portland meant:
1. Piano - I've found out that it's hard for me to go longer than a week without a piano. I have managed three weeks and I think that's my limit.
2. Family - Best moment was Saturday morning when I was wasting some time after breakfast seeing if SpongeBob was on. Two brothers were playing computer games. Another brother was tilting back in a rocking chair. They all sang the entire SpongeBob opening song. This was soon followed by a psychic moment between Daniel and me when we were singing to mom in our loudest off-key singing voices and we both launched into an unrehearsed and truly terrifying impersonation of Annie Lennox singing that song from the end of the Lord of the Rings movie. We astounded even ourselves.
3. Friends - Even though it's always a little overwhelming to go back to RCC, especially after spending the last few weeks in relative solitude, I hope I move back to the area sometime again. To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die, etc.
4. Markers - I made drawings.
5. Sophie - I fed her.
6. Mom food
7. Central heating and the bedroom of my youth (after kicking a brother out of it). I didn't set an alarm for Saturday morning. I woke up when my body was done sleeping. I don't think any noise from downstairs woke me up. It was beautiful. I had another lovely night of sleep last night despite a few nightmares, one of which actually woke me up and got me hyperventilating a bit.
---
Now I'm back. And I have crawdad earrings.
That was very freaky when we sang that song unrehearsed! yet, it was a moment I will cherish forever inside my little cherishing box.
ReplyDeleteI did not know you liked spongebob. I foresee a spongebob party in our future.
ReplyDelete