Tuesday, January 26, 2010

broccoli is beautiful


Today's story, obtained between the hours of 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday. Finalized at 9 a.m. today.

He 'might as well have used a gun'

Mostly I think I'm okay with how the story turned out. I regret the decision made by someone to split up the third paragraph and make "It changed her life" its own stand-alone drama queen. I also regret that a period was not then put at the end of the third paragraph after this decision was made. Mrrrr.

Anyway.

I've felt a little off all day. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, but also NO ONE I NEED TO INTERVIEW IS CALLING ME BACK. Yesterday everything was a smoothly oiled machine, falling in place perfectly when and where it needed to. "You need to look at this document and you don't want to go through the lengthy public records request process? Okay. Come by at 2. We'll set you up with a table and chair. Oh, you need to ask me one tiny question out of the blue, of course! Here, let me introduce you to the exact person you need to talk to. Let me make a copy of these documents for you. Is there anything else you need?" It was lovely. Today, however, nothing is being what I need it to be, which makes me feel lazy and unproductive. Well, okay, not entirely. I was able to catch up on a few other projects and organize and assemble. Not a total waste. And I did get two interviews in so I'm going to spend this evening typing up my notes and rearranging the story. Perhaps an early bed time? One can only hope.

Excuse me while I go listen to "Skinny Love" a few hundred more times. Also, I require broccoli. I shall take myself down the hill and buy some before I settle down to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment