There is only one conclusion that I can come to: I have become a bad writer. I mean, I write poorly. Impoverished is my writing. I think it's because my subjects are lean (not in the well-muscled sense... I mean, they are scrawny). I've been reading through the blog archives and have decided that however vague it was at times, my best writing on here happened during my internship when this blog had purpose and scope. After the internship, it just became a diary. When I was employed at the paper, it became a sad and secret vault. I struggled to mask events in obscurity and I didn't tell you the whole story because we've all read about those employees who gripe about Things and then get fired. And now? It's a chronicle of my confusion and the trials of seating tourists in restaurants. Wheeee.
I ran across an old entry where I outlined some projects and goals. I'm going to do that again. This is the best time since this winter will be known as the Very Cold Winter of Poverty in which I plan to live paycheck to paycheck and not touch my savings. I know I will make a killing this summer if I just stick it out. In the meantime, the writing needs some work and the life needs some push.
So I will...
1. Edit select old completed short stories and start sending them out
2. Write new material and start sending it out (M says he will slap me if I stop writing. He claims others will support him in this including the police. I am doubtful but I don't want to call bluff)
3. Put together applications for several Writer-in-Residence programs for next year
(Been planning this/thinking about this for almost a year now and already made all sorts of outrageous plans in a very public way and will lose face if I don't follow through. Also, I just found out that the National Park Service has a lot of residences and I could live in the wilderness for a month FOR FREE and write.)
4. Be in a Writer-in-Residence program next year (in the wilderness)
5. Solve the problems associated with the incomplete circle rug for Mumsy which I promised her last Christmas
6. Find a purpose (porpoise! ... surely I'm not the only person who automatically substitutes the word "porpoise" for "purpose"? Anyone?)... Anyway, find a PURPOSE (...porpoise...) for this blog. Like so:
Oh lordy, stop the madness. I'm sorry. I've been loopy all morning and (while we're being truthful) all last evening too. I can't turn it off. I don't know where it's coming from... I need to work more maybe or have a religious crisis. Well too bad. I'm feeling quite all right God-wise, thanks, and I'm happy and I like being happy.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment