Being a woman is kind of like trying to bathe a cat -- some kissing angry cat with a floofy tail that gets caught in things. Just saying.
In about two hours, I'm going to church because that's my new thing to do: go to church on Thursday nights. I started going with a friend and have been still trying to go even when she can't come with me. Last time, probably two weeks ago, I went by myself and sat next to an elderly volunteer firefighter whose name I think was Duncan. Then the pastor used the phrase "shekinah glory" and I breathed the sigh of "my people." Hooray for slightly nutso bible nerds who talk a lot about dead languages and historical context and the Bible as literature + inspired Word.
(An alcoholic official just walked into the bar where I like to sit and write and, again, I say thanks to Father that I no longer work at the paper and have to listen to these people and write down what they say like it's important or even makes sense. But I'm trying to be less angry. I catch myself all the time -- like there's a dial in my head turned to high temperatures and the word "JUDGMENT." My friend, the one I go to Thursday church with, says she tries to start the day asking God to help her love people as Jesus has loved her. So... yes. "Help" being the key word.)
Other things:
1. Making some soups tomorrow. I want to make F. dinner but he's actually a good cook so I feel insecure.
2. This pork taco will probably kill me.
3. I will not (WILL NOT) forget to stop by the Women's Resource Center tomorrow and try to launch the campaign called "Katie Makes Herself Useful in the Community"
Currently reading...
1) "The Shipping News" by Annie Proulx
2) This little piece. Tightly written.
3) "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom" by T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia!!!)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment