"Old man, if you give one more bite of my food to those dogs, I'll kick you till you're dead."(Yes, I've been watching "Moonstruck". In installments. For the last week. Yes, it stars Cher. Yes, I believe it won Academy Awards. Yes, it's horrible. Horribly good.)
a. No dog for Katie (sad face). I'm trying not to be too disappointed or too mad at the Church War Council... and I'm trying not to tie my thwarted dog love into frustration at how the day care wakes me up every morning at 6:45. I don't know what those ladies are doing down there before the kids start arriving but it sounds like the end of the world.
b. I ordered a shirt from a store yesterday. A man's shirt. It felt like the 1940s (thankfully I was wearing my fancy tweed coat and it was blustery outside and I'm a working waitress girl now and ... you get the idea). I went down into the bowels of the store, to the mens department where a clerk met me, hands folded in front of him, head inclined slightly to indicate attention. We looked in vain for a black button up shirt (size very small). We hit upon a shirt that would become me well and he placed an order, took down my phone number and said the store would inform me when the shirt arrived. I don't know why this was all so exciting, but it was.
c. Sat with N. at the restaurant bar after my double shift yesterday and found out I get one free shift drink. W. rolled his eyes at my excitement. There's a white wine there that I love and it might be the best way to end a shift ever. We also get a free meal when we work a double.... anything on the menu. La-ti-da.
d. A little girl (maybe 2 years old) lost a shoe on her way to the coffee shop counter. "Uh-oh!" she said and I looked down and she's also wearing glasses. Knock me over with a feather. Teensy kids with glasses kill me.
e. After two hours of bear/cougar encounter horror stories, I've decided to celebrate 24 years of not being eaten by a cougar. Cake for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment