Monday, September 26, 2011

jerbs

So apparently it's Monday. The phone, calendar and M. all tell me this. I have no idea. My schedule (or lack of scheds) means I just don't know. Time has also ceased to have meaning. Sometimes I'm hungry and I eat food, but at no set hour. I've never had a job that began at 11 a.m. It's shattering (in a good way). It's so decadent. I have whole mornings to myself. I've been eating breakfast, stretching, walking, reading, playing guitar, writing, going out to breakfast -- a whole bunch of untold of, unheard of.

My first day at the restaurant was a blur. I trained in a whirlwind with three different people and confused all the table numbers. However, I can fold napkins -- small victories. Then a friend met me as I got off shift and we ate dinner together then took a dog with us to the beach and played in the fog, hunting for treasures in the driftwood. She found two bird skulls and a collection of warped plastic. I found a stick and a one-legged plastic horse. Both of us found multiple toothbrushes and slippers. A great disturbance in the Force. It was like a world made entirely of bathrooms had exploded and washed up on the beach. (as if a million voices crowd out in pain and then... silence -- reference anyone?)

Anyway. The point is, I was tired (brain-tired from newness) but I had so much energy otherwise and I felt fresh and bright and ready to give. Yayayayayayay. Each day I'm kind of amazed that I don't have to go back to the paper. It's... odd. This work is so easy even though I'm still incompetent and new to it all.

So, for the people out there who still read this (MRS. PAYNE), I'm doing quite well and catching up on sleep.

Goals for today:

1) Get through my double shift without pouring water onto a customer when I'm refilling glasses (very deep-seated fear)

2) Learn how to play and sing "The Devil's Right Hand" by Johnny Cash, which shouldn't be too hard since I think the man could only sing five different notes and usually stuck with two. Simple melodies resulting.

3) CASH CHECKS and so have the monies for to pay rents (I'm really really really bad about cashing checks. A mental block perhaps)

4) Find another black shirt for work since the uniform shirt is making me crazy (and, more importantly, sweaty. Bleh)

1 comment:

  1. Mrs P says: Glad to know you are doing well....(the destruction of Alderan caused a significant disturbance in the Force) That puppy is the most adorable thing I have seen in a long time! Enjoy your returning sanity.

    ReplyDelete