Thursday, February 18, 2010

reasons to not get out of bed ever


1. Tutankhamen died of malaria. WHAT? How absurd, Ancient Egypt. Malaria? And he was sickly and had all those diseases you associate with mass, concentrated inbreeding? (Really, not such the shocker there) But still. Malaria? So much for all the visions of my youth: King Tut, the bright-eyed young Pharaoh child, making the priests of Ra howl, stabbed in the back by devious religious fanatics just as he was beginning to tap into the dizzying heights of his god-like powers. Nope.

2. Screaming school children and high schoolers. I've always been afraid of high schoolers, even when I was one. I was waiting for one of them to turn around mid-laconic stride some afternoon and kill me.

---

That's all I can think of.

---

Here's what I made. MADE. Not made up. That's different.

1. This one gave me an existential crisis. Court often does. (I self-medicated with coffee until I felt better).

2. This one didn't. You'll have to go through clever backdoor ways to get to it. Here is the Google search results page. Click on "WANTED: Oregon film memorabilia, bit-part actors".

---

Well I'm gone to another assignment. Tomorrow is free day. I'm giddy. I get to clean my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment