
I was happier then...eating berries RAW with Laura and never taking a bath.
I (upon it being last night) watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (sorry, Karl, I forgot to leave it at the apartment) while reading a book about literature in West Germany and listening to the Clash's "London Calling" album and sometimes I did a jig around the room in a futile effort to make my hair dry before 9 p.m. Later that night (upon it being after 9 p.m.) I had occasion to reflect upon life and how it never lets up: if someone isn't dying, then something else is happening and no sooner does that something cease to be then a class is failed or a cat is run over or illness overtakes and thieves break in and steal, moths and rust destroy, lose and gain and lose again with no guarantee of an upswing after the down. ECCLESIASTES! (I once had a dream where I tried to conjugate "Leviticus" because I was convinced it was a Latin word, but that is neither here nor there).
I have Rodney hair on my sweater and blisters on the backs of my heels because my new shoes aren't broken in yet and I had to walk to work. (This is all fascinating! Tell me more!) There are GREAT WHITE SHARKS? at Seaside. No deaths yet. Seaside is also DISCRIMINATING AGAINST CHICKENS? Silly Seaside. And, The New Yorker (politely and in a snide east coast accent) discusses reverse racism and the New Administration.
Tomorrow my gillnet story gets cover (if nothing more earth shattering comes up) which is rad and makes me feel good about myself. I finished the story this afternoon and passed it on to my editor and he said he liked it. Glow. He especially liked the line I plagiarized from the Bible. I was hoping he would.
Upcoming:
- Class of '69 reunion!!!!!! (I'm really looking forward to this one. Alex is taking photos so I'll actually get to focus on reporting. Yay!)
- Regatta Week (or, The Week of Hell Where I Must Be Out Photographing Every Single Day and Writing Something In My Copious Spare Time Har Har)
- Encouraging theft: 100 years of the Gideon Bible people
- Every Day People Featuring Rachele Schuyler WONDER WOMAN!
I also sometimes create activities for myself to get my hair to dry. I love your writing and am now also looking forward to hearing about the '69 reunion because it will likely be EPIC and riddled with insight from people who embrace their (if marginal) past political activity; something I think people could really use a good read about! :)
ReplyDelete