The hard drive in my old computer gasped its last wheezing breath and collapsed in the hallway (actually it was a coffee shop) and died. It took all my writing and photography with it. After a couple days of mourning ("It's not like someone died," M said and I kind of wanted to punch him in the nose) and a lot of self-abuse (what WOULD have been so difficult about backing up my files? REALLY?), I borrowed time on a friend's computer and ordered a MacBook Pro. It arrived today while I was sitting at my dining room table and using my fork to keep the cat away from my Thai food.
So yay.
Meanwhile, there's a girl sitting across the room from me who looks just like the mom in "Mary Poppins"... you know, votes for women! Sister suffragette! Shoulder and shoulder into the fray! JUST LIKE HER. It's all in the nose, I think, and the large but closely set together eyes.
---
I'm ready for winter to be over. Really really ready. I get so sad at night because I'm cold and it's dark and it feels like it will never end and then it starts to hail and I feel like elk turds, talentless, stinky (but I'm taking a shower tonight, so I'll only feel talentless).
---
Dum de dum de dum. Oh! If you haven't listened to the Carolina Chocolate Drops yet, you should, because they are fantastic.
---
Joel and Mom visited me yesterday and the weather was terrible but the afternoon spent with them was wonderful. Then I went over to M.'s house for Spencer's famous lasagna and was the last man (or woman, I guess) standing, watching a movie while the rest of them collapsed into snoring baby angel lasagana-fed heaps on various couches. Food and the male constitution... naps are always imminent.
---
Work tonight. Meh. Work tomorrow. Eh.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was just wondering if you were still alive out there! Nice to see a post. We celebrated the first day of spring with yet more snow. :( I've never been so un-enthused about snow in my life. Spring will come, right?
ReplyDeleteThat is downright depressing about your computer - sorry dear!
Any word on the internship thingy?
Elk turds - still grinning.
Let's go fly a kite....
Duuuuuude, Amy! Come visit me sometime this summer!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'll hear about the residency in the next couple weeks.