Wednesday, March 28, 2012
baybee owls
It's my day off! Both my jobs have started hiring people to help us cope with the uptick in business spring and summer always bring and this means fewer shifts for Katie. Good thing? Sort of. Once I recoop from taxes, it will be. Meanwhile I'm trying to stay positive and stay close to home and not spend money for a while. I completed a massive grocery trip yesterday (necessary money spenditure) and have organized my pantry to be more "cook-at-home" friendly. The decision to live a mostly vegan/vegetarian life has been fantastic for my cooking... "my cooking" not really being a phrase I ever used until recently since "my cooking" usually meant sauteed vegetables and rice or scrambled eggs & toast (if I was feeling fancy). Now, though, all the restrictions of a V diet have had the bizarre effect of catapulting me full into culinary domesticity after years of resistance to and dislike of.
One day at a time, I'm banishing my crippling fear of potlucks. Hooray!
Today I made two vegan ice creams, a chocolate and a vanilla banana, and they're going to be fantastic. I hope. In about 45 minutes, I will start on a vegan Indian feast of creamy curry & assorted other spices soup and traditional flat bread for M. because this is what we do: cook stuff and make each other (and other people) partake. It's a very satisfying activity and as long as I do most of it in the late afternoon Bruno doesn't bother me. His prime cat-nap times are between noon and 5 and he curls up in the bowl chair and glares at me sleepily if I disturb him. If I try to make anything in the morning, he's all over the kitchen, gnawing on my ankles and trying to jump up on the stove top.
But that's not why I'm online right now. I really am writing to share THIS with you. Read it. Love it. I stole it from Tiffany's blog and have already made one of the pictures my desktop background.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment