Wednesday, December 28, 2011

nothing really exciting happens in God's country

I'm committed to making tomorrow a good day by using bicycle power. My schedule: 5-9 a.m., baking. Doubles at the restaurant: 11 a.m. - 8 or 9 p.m. Triple shifts, yay! So, I'm going to break out the rain gear and bicycle to the coffee shop in the morning. Instant good day.

---

Been re-writing my resume and re-realizing my inability to keep dates fixed in my head. What year did I graduate from college? When did I even start college? Surely I was at that job for 5 years... only 2? Huh. There are some interesting jobs out there: a 14 week stint in Alaska for the AP wire, anyone? My next job goal is to work in the mountains, or near the mountains.

---

Bruno woke me up around 5 this morning, yowling his head off. But apparently he was lonely and just wanted to cuddle and fall asleep in bed with me so I ended up sleeping until 7:45 after all.

---

My first work shift starts in an hour and, since I'm working a double, I'll be there all day. I started adjusting my attitude yesterday so that I could be okay with this today. I like my jobs. They're not hard. I'm just bored, I think, and I resent that I have to tie any emotion to the jobs. There's no reason for drama or, really, even stress: we're serving food. It's one same darn thing after another. Everyone calm down. Most of this is inside me, however... hence attitude adjustment. Whatever. I did yoga this morning (hamstrings are sooooo tight. Flexibility is not like riding a bike, it seems).

---

The worst question to ask me when it's after 8 p.m. and I've already broken down the kitchen line for closing and you're the last table in the restaurant and you've finished eating and your bill is on the table is: "How late do you stay open?" Because I know the sentence hovering in the background is: "We were thinking of sitting here, sipping wine for the next 5 hours and we hope none of you were thinking of actually getting off work and going home to sleep." By the way. I guess I forget sometimes that I only exist for the customer's convenience. Whoops. (Was that bitter? It sounded a little bitter. People are just so odd.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way with dates too. They're pretty fluid...what is time anyway? ;)

    I always like reading your little snippets of life.

    ReplyDelete