Monday, December 5, 2011

a monday

I have only a few goals today since I'm not feeling motivated. I've discovered that if I'm not feeling motivated, I should set my expectations bar less on HIGH and more on MEDIUM LOW otherwise I'll just perpetuate a cycle of sadness. I have a problem with sadness and I want to avoid a flare-up. So. Goals for today:

- photograph Bruno. We are now in Week 2 Experimental Phase and things are looking only 50-50 for Bruno. He's awesome. He's rad. He's adorable. But I'm not convinced I should own an animal yet.

- adjust my attitude toward work. I hate working. Well, that's not true. I like to work, but I like to be working on my work which means writing and drawing and playing music. But no one wants to pay me for these things so instead I do other things (like work at a coffee shop and at a restaurant) and call these things "my work" even though I know I'm lying to myself.

- be outside for a while

- buy sponges so I can wash my dirty dishes

- shower

- read through T.'s novel again and give useful feedback

- drink coffee & possibly eat yogurt

- find out if M. has my phone because otherwise I don't know where it is.

- find my last paycheck (but I think I accidentally threw it away. Winning, always winning)

- visit Tom at the Antique Store and do some Christmas shopping there. Last time I went in I found a scorpion encased in an amber pendant and a plastic Bambi figurine.

No comments:

Post a Comment