Originally I was going to go to the snowboard/ski expo in preparation for the Montana trip that the two M's and I are going on in January, but I keep sabotaging myself by reading amazing things and having weird dreams and overhearing conversations that make me want to write and write and write. So now I'm conflicted. I think I'll still head out that way, maybe catch lunch with a former co-worker. But I'm taking my computer too just in case I get there and need to spend some time drinking coffee and typing (all I've done this morning besides watch 15 minutes of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail").
Such good times recently. Marta and I drove to Portland this week for dinner with my fam-fam then went to Binks for some of Marta's adopted family and then home, talking all the long way, in bed by 2:30. Then yesterday was a fantastic work shift at the restaurant with my pony-tailed co-worker and enough eaters to keep us busy. Plus everyone was in such good moods. One older couple joked with me so awkwardly that it wasn't until halfway through their lunch that I realized they really liked me and just thought they were being hilarious. I had spent the first part of their visit wondering if they were going to complain to management and spit their food back on their plates.
From work went to wrassle with a wolf dog and clean a very dirty house (I let the wolf dog run around until it came to cleaning the floors then she was banished to the outdoors). So satisfying to see that dirt come up and to make all things sparkle and gleam.
THEN (and then and then) went out for a beer with the Sarahs. The Sarahs apparently are always planning nights on the town. "This time, Sarah," they say to each other, "we're going to go CRAZY." They told me this while yawning and talking about one Sarah's kiddo who she already misses, having not been apart from him for a night out in months. It was 8:30 and they didn't think they were going to last. "Stick with it, Sarah!" they yelled at each other.
Then it was a quick hi to Marta and my pony-tailed co-worker and then to bed. Slept like a rock but a rock with weird dreams... I feel like shale would have weird dreams. Perhaps I am shale.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment