...and I could eat it ALL day, while watching the rest of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" except I'm trying to be healthy or whatsit. I went on a 3 mile hike this morning -- completely wimpy and I was eating cherries throughout.
So it's been a busy couple of weeks.
Here are the stories...at least the ones I can remember, in no particular order.
1. I tried to go to the Gulf too. You know, reporter in the field. Maybe next time. CLEANING UP THE OIL SPILL
2. There was a message waiting for me when I got to work that morning. It said: CALL THE SHERIFF RIGHT NOW! And this was why: Attempted murder. Three suspects.
3. Here's a follow-up to that story. There will be more. The suspects were arraigned the next day.
4. In unrelated courts, a fisherman gets his fourth driving under the influence of intoxicants conviction. The mug shot is not happy.
5. More crime. Thefts at a national historical park. Who steals from a park? Also, who steals live fish boxes? Especially when you could make one yourself and it could be a family project and it could bond you back with your estranged, ungrateful children. Just sayin.
6. Do you weary of human evil? Let's look at satanic animals: A bull.
7. Oh yes, and city council. I'd forgotten about this. Usually the city reporter covers the council.
...
That's mostly all what's going on. Some changes coming, but I don't want to talk about them yet.
....
Things I just saw that I'd rather not see again:
1. A bicycle girl picking food bits out of her lover's trendy mountain man beard. In a public restaurant. At least she didn't eat the food bits, right? But then they had to get all cuddly in front of my river view.
2. White vinyl loafer-type shoes worn without socks, on the long brown feet of some fashionable young thing who was also wearing white capri pants along his legs and his girlfriends shoes and ankles across his lap.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After item no. 4 I got a phone call: Why did she have to go and call him a fisherman?!
ReplyDeleteGuess who?