Thursday, June 10, 2010
there'll be no sad farewell
3 articles:
(a) Goonies fans = good business. Do you know why? Because they're NERDS. I didn't say it. The comic book store guy did.
(b) Sometimes debates are easier if nobody knows what's going on.
(c) County meeting
---
Today I over-soaked the split peas. Four hours later, the darn things were still hard and unpalatable. Oh well. I'm over food anyway.
Today I realized I've started slouching and being sedentary at an alarming rate and gaining weight for the first time since my last growth spurt when I was 15. This is interesting. In the way that the moldy jar of peaches on my counter is fascinating. I can't throw it away. I'm transfixed. It molds in peace, growing in power with each week. It might start making penicillin or Life any day now. Somewhere deep down I'm a scientist.
Today I did not finish the story for tomorrow since my concentration fizzled out after four straight hours of public land use hearing.
Today I finished McCarthy's "Outer Dark" which has harrowed my soul, but in a good way and I'm slowly getting hooked on dear, frightening Cormac, much in the way that folk hook onto heroin, or fish onto fishing poles.
Today I really realized that my brother D. is 17 years old. Merciful Lord. I don't know why I'm so slow on the uptake. Seventeen wasn't so long ago. I feel like I've stopped moving and all them kids are sprinting.
Today I read, of which I reproduce a fragment, this:
May came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it’s always ourselves we find in the sea
- EE Cummings (or e.e. cummings, if you prefer. I heard he wasn't particular)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment