Tuesday, June 8, 2010

#145: Gooniesgooniesgoonies

Second to last Goonies story. Tomorrow is a business story.

Everyone, Curt Hanson. Can't you see him as Prospero? He has the voice and the weighty brow.



He is a nice man and we talked about Shakespeare and how book editors have messed everything up with their weird punctuation handicaps. It's like they were so crammed with literature that they could only think in semi-colons. Then they polluted the earth.

---

Here's the story.

---

So I'm wondering, what DO people think of the Goonies? I've decided my opinion is completely invalid since I'm only happy when I'm covering courts or dead animals.

3 comments:

  1. I loved it when I was a kid. But now I like local legal dilemmas a lot more.

    I'm sorry I missed your birthday party, by the way. :( My friend Tracy, who is kindly letting us stay at his house rent free, was only in town for a couple days and I really wanted to hang out with him to show my gratitude. Plus, you know, I really like him a lot, so that helped.

    However, I hope you come over for dinner sometime soon. We can even watch the Goonies. Or, you can bring a DVD of a local robo-recorded court session if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not Kristen, by the way, but rather mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I figured it out eventually. I had this moment where, "But Kristen did come to my party...oh...maybe she didn't?"

    And that's okay that you missed it. Completely understandable and I'm just so glad you guys are in the Portland-area to begin with. You bet I'm coming over sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete