
Ummmm. So like I said, it's only 11 a.m. Not much has happened, but since this is probably the only time I'll be online today I felt like I had to do something. Even something utterly meaningless--although Don Draper is quite dig-able.
Today's goals include, but are not limited to:
1. Finding the post office
2. Finding the fairgrounds
3. Getting caught up on local, national and international news. I feel like I've been living in a hole under a rock at the bottom of a hill since the beginning of Spring term.
4. Find the Safeway and buy lots of extremely toxic cleaning supplies. My landlady has some stuff, but it's all good to the earth and kind to future children. Mostly soy-based. You know. Non-foaming. I need things to foam...otherwise how do I know they're working? Right? Yesyesyesyesyes, I know about this green clean stuff. I do. I'm savvy. Hip. And all. But toxic cleaners are kind of like comfort food and currently I just need a bit of comfort, only a wee bit.
5. Write. Now that I have graduated I have given myself license to write again and have ideas and notice what goes on around me and research. Oh research. I love research. Maybe I should go to grad school and waste a lot of time and money and human resources researching. Hmmmmmm, no. This is what I hated about college, absolutely loathed: how useless and uninvolved you are when in college. Your existence narrows down to this shimmery survival mode. You ping pong from test to test, nap between lectures, drag yourself to work, studystudystudySTUDY, drink far too much coffee, and cut out most human contact except for the rare times when you go to a party or a concert or the bar where you drink whiskey and still operate in a useless, uninvolved survival sphere. There are those crazy people who are somehow still able to do good and create meaningful acts of writing, art or music while in school. I'm not sure how they do it. I run out of head space and only play music as a way to wind down, which means I play the same well-known songs over and over again.
So anyway. That's all done now. I get to struggle for survival in a new way. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment