I can’t sustain long, complex thoughts. I’m like a goldfish. So here is a list of items in no particular order:
1. I’ve found a place that gives me coffee for $1 with unlimited free refills. Also the people who work there read editorials out loud to each other. Also there’s free wi-fi provided by the Mayor of Astoria.
2. The wind is always blowing so it’s cold even though there are clear skies and the sun is beating down. I hate the sun, but I like the wind.
3. There are tourists everywhere. Spilling out of cars like beetles, all indolent and rich and camera-heavy.
4. I am reading:
a. The Waves, by Virginia Woolf
b. The Four Quartets, by T.S. Eliot
5. The only person I have talked to today is Rodney and since he isn’t a person but rather my landlady’s well-behaved mutt dog, it is doubtful whether he counts.
6. Tiffany: I went to the yellow church this morning. Its guts are pretty.
7. I have located the Library, the First Presbyterian Church, the less decorous and impressive Lutheran Church, a few Banks, the Co-op, the Expensive Restaurants, the Elderly Hipsters and Where They Hang Out, and the River.
8. I can’t upload pictures. My computer is rejecting the necessary installations. Unfaithful computer.
9. Wednesday = first day at the newspaper.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. coffee from McDonald's doesn't count as "coffee"
ReplyDelete2. I love your mayor, yes I know this is not really in response to your #2, but your #2 was all dreamy and poetic
3. I want to be one of those for at least a day
4. I am reading but not those, maybe I should?
5. Rodney counts.
6. that's sweet
7. I want to go to there
8. kick it, at least you'll feel better
9. *high five*
The! Four! Quartets!
ReplyDeleteYay.