Monday, April 23, 2012
monday morning is a restless feeling
I slept 12 hours last night and feel... not so great actually. My hip gave an almighty POP when I got up to feed the cat (he'd been sobbing like an abandoned child outside the bedroom door for 20 minutes or so. He probably thought I'd died and believed that now no one would feed him since Marta works so much and then he too would die, alone, in his cat-climby-structure while the crows mocked him from the telephone wires). Michal said he slept 5 hours last night and feels fantastic (albeit, at work for the next millions of hours for the next millions of days until he gets to lounge around in San Diego for a brewers convention... which I think sounds like work but really means he gets to lay around in the sun, drinking beer and talking shop with other brewers who are also lying in the sun and drinking beer and using words like "hoppy" and "aroma" and "craft beer". Snobs.)
It's a busy week this week. I have a couple of job interviews (one, for a job I've already been offered but ever since my last newspaper stint -- a job I accepted outright and never had an interview for -- I've been nervous about blithely accepting job offers. So I'm being troublesome and insisting we all sit down in person and discuss the job first.) and a lot of work at the current jobs. Probably my 12 hours of sleep will be put to good use in the next couple of days. I'll keep everyone (by which I mean the two ((possibly 3)) readers of this blog: my mom and Amy) posted. I might be moving. (I hate moving).
Today's fun fact: I was re-reading the diary I kept when I was 9 and apparently I couldn't spell. There were a lot of "Write now we are eating supper" entries and at least one where, in a fit of sisterly hate, I wrote "I have had onoff of Laura!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bev says: I read it too!
ReplyDeleteI never want to presume... Thanks, Mrs.P!
ReplyDelete