Sunday, February 20, 2011

willa cather day



Willa Cather and Mumford and Sons make me think that while it's not good for man to be alone, woman gets along just fine. (Incendiary, I realize and, likely, not true in the "when I look back on this time 20 years hence" sort of way. Guess we'll see in 20 years. For the now, I'm pretty content and while happiness remains elusive as I think it always will, there are moments of awe and peace and love for the people who ebb and flow around me and the places where I find myself, like the top of my cliff where God has appointed a cluster of rocks that perfectly fit the cut of my legs and my absurdly long torso and create the best reading spot I've ever found...it even beats the one I found at H. Point)

I sound more like a man than ever and have been coughing up interesting things. Kind of thrilling actually. But I woke up to sun this morning and so eventually found myself heading to the beach and the cliffs. Rain was out at sea, but moving inland. I kept an eye on it and the tide and climbed and read and when the rain was twenty minutes away and the tide was frothing deep at the feet of the cliff, I headed out while I still could.

See the rain way out there?



This is where I sit:



This is how I get there:



I will cry and be sick for weeks when this tree falls and/or dies:

No comments:

Post a Comment