“It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch.” - Anonymous
---
When I worked at a bakery in Eugene, we made a list of fears. I found it again today.
Courtney is afraid of the economy because she is graduating this year and is worried about how hard it will be to find a job. She wants to work in a non-profit organization. Doing what…she’s not exactly sure.
Trevor is afraid of poverty. To him poverty manifests itself primarily in a lack of food. Trevor is currently eating a bagel.
Claire used to be afraid of accidentally letting a vampire into the house or accidentally saying “Bloody Mary” three times. She also used to be afraid that her family would end up living on the street.
Megan was afraid of being cooked in a pot; it was a reoccurring nightmare.
Ben is afraid of rabid, flying piranhas. That and people knowing what he's actually afraid of and judging him for his fears.
We are all afraid that we have grown stupider since being in college.
---
Today I'm afraid that I might have a fever. I am afraid of finding a spider nest in my bass amp. I'm afraid that I'm developing a hunchback from so much sitting in front of a computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment