Sunday, April 4, 2010

pdx


His next favorite thing after playing with my camera was when I would blow on the back of his head and make his hair move around.

But now he wants the camera back. Even though I flicked the rear overhead light off and on (another big hit during the ride home), he will not be distracted.

---

It's a busy week we have:

Five days until Liz's wedding.

Three and a half days until I head back to Portland for the blessed event.

And a week's-worth of work to accomplish.

---

Tuesday will be my three-month mark. It's strange to think I've been here that long. I feel fresh and brand-new and mostly clueless. If I looked back over this blog and the first news stories, I'm sure I could chart out how much I've learned. That would probably be a useful exercise. I can already feel the days when I remember how nervous I was. Now I realize I should have been nervous about other things.

I like to mark my time by ceremony and dates. One month marks, three month marks, the first time this happened or the second day in a row featuring a black lab named Brody. Maybe it's a need for symbolism, an effort at importance and meaning. Anyway, I light a lot of candles and tend to read the same books at the same times every other year.

A three-month mark gives me the permission to indulge in the symbolic or ceremonial or semi-official meeting of the Katie Board of Directors. It's time to re-evaluate, recharge, throw stuff out, acquire new objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment