Tuesday, May 15, 2012

new town

Oh not much happened this week except I moved to a new town and will be starting a new newspaper job tomorrow. That's all. M and I moved the bulk of my junk down on Saturday and then I moved with the cats and sundry other stuffs yesterday evening after multiple goodbye coffee dates with Astoria friends. Within the first five minutes of arriving at my new home, I'd locked myself out of the apartment. One cat was yowling from the kitchen, the other cat was yowling out in the car and I had to ask my downstairs neighbor's eldest son to call the landlord for me. Meanwhile, two great danes across the street casually started humping each other.

My landlord arrived 15 minutes later and unlocked the apartment. Half an hour later, one of the cats had squirmed through an impossibly small space of open window and was prowling the roof, meowing and carrying on.

What next? Oh yes and then spiders appeared everywhere and I committed a terrifying number of murders.  Then the cats started fighting while I was trying to fall asleep on my mattress on the floor and I was so overheated from pre-summer weird weather, stressed from the moving and packing and strange smells of strange new places, and ever oh so homesick that I stayed up until midnight unpacking and organizing my books because that always makes me feel better.

Then this morning I woke up and I was till in this new town and I don't think I get to go back to Astoria yet and that was vaguely depressing but I'll deal.

Meanwhile, I'm going to spend this evening unpacking my clothes and psyching myself up about the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment