Saturday, November 28, 2009

bob dylan pandora radio station



I am (as I often am) frustrated with my writing. With what though? The verbs? The nouns? Or, gad, the little commas, all in cooperation and coup with each other to break my self-delusions about what my hands should do and my brain wired toward.

But this is all just a long introduction to tell you that I have things for you to read. Finally.

A news brief about a very complicated issue, very little of which finds its way into the actual article simply because there is no space in (a) the average human heart and (b) the newspaper itself. I will express a frustration now: that when I say They are building Yet Another industrial plant in a poor area (inhabited mostly by Hispanics and the sort of white people we categorize as whhhhhhhhhite people), Some People give me that set of mouth that tells me, "Don't be ridiculous."

Here's another piece. For the gift guide. It's about yarn. I believe every word, but (I may have mentioned) I'm having troubles with words so the writing disappoints me. It's boring. Predictable. It is what it will be and I will be something else tomorrow.

---

OTHER NEWS:

Life is the busy beast it has grown to be and will never stop being until someone dies.

I am

...working on three final art projects. A book project. A construction project. A drawing.

...writing book reviews. Poetry. Essays. Anthologies. Novels. I need three more days. I have one.

...seeing friends I don't see much anymore and wondering if it will become even less often. Because, you see, I might be moving farther north than usual, but I'm not sure yet and I don't know when or how or even if.

---

Read this and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment